Netgear AC2100 Wi-Fi router
How to setup Security Event mail notifications in the Netgear AC2100 Wi-Fi router?
The router along with the enhanced abilities also carries the ability to track down the activities and mishaps in your router. Activities like an attempt to access blocked websites, accessing personal files, changing the admin password can be tracked down through the security mail notification feature. The feature is an optimal way to track down every operation within your device. While facing any mishap, the user gets alerted through the notification in the web interface of routerlogin.net. The user can set up this feature either through Netgear app or through the web interface of www.routerlogin.net
Steps to setup Security Event mail notification in Netgear AC2100 Wi-Fi router
- Open a web browser on your Wi-Fi enabled device that is connected to the router.
- Mention routerlogin.net on the web address of the browser. In case, you get encountered with the Error 404 while connecting to the default gateway of the router, you also can mention the IP address of Netgear Router. The IP address of the Netgear Router is 192.168.1.1
- Press enter and Netgear Router login window will appear on the screen.
- Enter “admin” on the username field as a default credential and mention the password you typed earlier while interacting with the web interface of routerlogin.net. Both the credential fields are the case- sensitive.
- Go to the Advanced tab, select the Security tab, then click on the E-mail tab. As soon as you click on the E-mail tab, E-mail page displays on the screen.
- Now to turn on the Security Event mail notification option, select the “Turn on E-mail notification” checkbox.
- You need to mention the email address in “Send to this E-mail address field” in which you want notifications and alerts are to be sent. This same E-mail address can also be utilized for “From address field”. No logs and notifications are to be sent if this field is left blank.
- Now, go to the Outgoing Mail Server field and enter the Name of Internet Service Provider. If you are unaware of this information, you also can find it in the configuration window of the mail program. No logs and notifications will be sent if you leave this field blank.
- Enter the Port Number in the “Outgoing Port Number field”. In case you do not know the Outgoing Port Number, leave the Port Number as a default one.
- To immediately receive alerts, whenever someone attempts to visit the websites you have listed in the blocked category, select “Send Alerts immediately” checkbox.
- If you want to receive a notification based on a schedule, select the schedule type then select the day from day menu. Select time from time menu, you also can use am or pm radio button to help the device to determine morning or evening outside.
- After applying the above schedule and performing all other configurations, click on the Apply button and the settings will get saved.
How to change the Wi-Fi password of the Netgear AC2100 Wi-Fi router?
The Wi-Fi password of the Netgear Router is a security key that other users have to apply to connect to your network. With the help of this security key, nearby users are granted permission to access the network of the main user. The password comes with the security level that is chosen by the main user with the help of the web interface of routerlogin.net. The router password and the Wi-Fi password cannot be applied the same as both serve different purposes to the user. The Wi-Fi password provides security to your network whereas the Router password grants security to the web interface of routerlogin.net. The user can anytime change the Wi-Fi password of their Netgear Router through the Netgear Router login page of their device.
Steps to change the Wi-Fi password of Netgear AC2100 Smart Router
- Open a web browser in your Wi-Fi enabled connected to the local network.
- Now, mention the IP address of Netgear Router on the web link of the opened browser. The IP address of the Netgear router is 192.168.1.1. The IP address of the Netgear Router can also be replaced by www.routerlogin.net to get to the Netgear Router login page of the device.
- Enter the Router username as “admin” on the username field. Fill up the password field with the password you set. In case, the user hasn’t changed the default password, type “password” as a default credential.
- Click on the login tab and the basic home page displays on your screen.
- Now, select the Wireless tab and the Wireless settings page displays on your screen.
- Different passwords for different frequency bands, so first you need to choose a frequency band. Choose either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz. Bring your cursor to the Network field and enter the desired password between 8 and 64 characters.
- Now, choose a security level for your password. Choose from (None, WPA2-PSK[AES], WPA-PSK[TKIP], WPA-PSK[TKIP]+WPA2-PSK[AES] security. Choose that security level, the radius service of which can easily be accessed by your network.
- Click on the apply button and the settings get saved.
How to perform Firmware Update in your Netgear Router?
Firmware Update is the process in which your router gets updated along with which its features, application, as well as performance, also gets enhanced. The users are usually suggested to perform the Firmware Update process whenever a new firmware is available for their router. The update process not only speeds up the operation level of your router but also degrades the vulnerability of your device which in turn enhance the performance level of your device
Steps to perform Firmware Update process in Netgear AC2100 Wi-Fi router
- Before heading towards the process of Firmware Update, visit the download center of Netgear and download the new firmware for your router. Save it on your desktop and do not forget to unzip it.
- Now, visit the browser in your Wi-Fi enabled device and type routerlogin.net on the address bar of your browser. You also can mention the IP address of Netgear Router in place of routerlogin.net
- Press Enter and the default Netgear Router login page appears on your screen.
- Type “admin” on the username tab and mention the password you assigned to your router during the Netgear Router setup. If you haven’t changed the default password yet, mention “password” on the password field as a default credential.
- Click on the login button and the basic homepage of routerlogin.net appears on your window.
- Select the “Advanced tab, click on the Administration tab, now click on the Firmware Update tab and the Firmware Update page displays on your screen.
- Now, click on the Browse button and redirect your cursor to the window where your Firmware file is kept in your device. Select the firmware file and click on the open button.
- Click on the Upgrade tab of the notification screen, as soon as you click on it, the installation process of Firmware starts on your window.
- The process will take a few minutes and try to do nothing while your system is updating the firmware of your router.
- After the installation of the new firmware, your router automatically gets restarted. You also can confirm the installation of new firmware by visiting the “Router Status” page of the web interface.
Note: Do not click on any other link, Do not load a new webpage, Do not turn off your router, Do not Close your browser as any of these process might bring failure in the installation process of your router.