Are you not able to restore the backup in QuickBooks?? Or QuickBooks restore failed while restoring the backup? If yes, then this error can arise due to many reasons, but you can always resolve this error by going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this blog. You even have the option to reach to out the QuickBooks customer service where experts are available 24*7 round the clock to assist you in fixing the issue.
Why Won't QuickBooks Restore Backup?
There are various reasons which are responsible for the error where QuickBooks will not restore the backup, and some of them are:
If there is a special character in the name of the company file.
When you have modified the QuickBooks company file over an already existing file.
If you are recovering the file by usingUSB flash drive or through network drive.
If you have created the company file on the newversion of QuickBooks.
Even the broken QuickBooks company file can cause the error.
How to Solve Error QuickBooks Won't Restore Backup?
Solving the Error QuickBooks won't restore a backup is easy, if you are implementing the solution steps. You can fix the error where restore failed in the QuickBooks by performing the steps mentioned below:
1. First, try to make sure that there is no special character in the name of the QuickBooks Company file. These characters are , /. < ,>,!,$ .
2. You need to be sure that you need to avoid the overwriting of the existing file. It merely means no two-company file can have the same name,so you need to rename the one file.
3. If you are not looking for the problem while restoring QuickBooks file, then you need to copy-paste the file from your computer to the desktop through Flash and network drive.
4. For being on the safe side, copy the company file on any other folder. Moreover, be sure that the new folder is not corrupted or broken.
5. You have to confirm that the version of both the accounting software from where you restore the backup and which is used for opening the restored backup.
6. Repair the corrupted or broken company file and then you can restore the backup.
If after following these steps, your issue is not resolved, then you need to take the help of professionals who can fix the problem quickly. You can contact QuickBooks support number to speak with the experts who will eradicate the error from the roots itself and make your task easy. They will first hear out your error faced by you and then will solving it by using the best possible method.
- We are living in an age of ultra-distractions. Every minute of every hour is essential for us too. We need to make the most of the moment if they are willing to survive in this age.