This shows that the person who has presented the paper help has understood the concepts well and hence been able to provide with a flawless paper. This all seems great when you have penned down the correct content, you are making the edits in grammar and other little things. The punctuations are all correct and in all this you may just forget the type of referencing that was needed in the paper. This is where it may go majorly wrong for your paper.
There are so many referencing styles such as the APA format, Harvard style, Chicago, Vancouver, Oxford and many more. These styles are all unique and different which means you need to know the style that is used before you use it. The confusion is very understandable and yet it needs to be delivered just right. So here are some tips to avoid some referencing mistakes.
- Get to know the right style: before you start the paper writing service and get carried away especially when you know the subject well. The enthusiasm is understandable yet contagious. Read the document thoroughly. DO NOT ASSUME that just because all the papers till now followed only Chicago so it must be Chicago. NO, READ what exactly the paper wants and write it down if needed to ensure that you do not make the mistake. After you have located the main style read on the kind of in text citation it follows and if it uses a comma or not and if it requires a footnote. Get to know it.
- Incorrect header: one of the first pages that you write the very first page with the header can say the professor a lot about you. In most cases the running head is not much of an issue but in certain style for example the APA style needs a running head. This shows that the student has followed the requirement of the study well enough. The running head should include a shortened version of your full title justified left, page numbers justified to the right and in 12 point font Times New Roman. Also, on the title page ONLY, include the label, "Running head."
- In-text citation: when you have spent a lot of time researching your paper needless to say that you will be providing the paper with a proper in-text. Most cases it is seen that students often get the wrong in-text style and that can mess up your whole paper. For example in the APA style the author's last name and the year of publication is included in an in-text citation. This is also separated with a comma that is the author name and year of publication. On the other hand, Harvard style the author's last name and the year of publication is included in an in-text citation but it is not have any comma as such.
- In-text and reference list do not match: this happens when you are trying to do a paper in hurry. While that is understandable silly mistake however to a professor is a complete incorrigible mistake. Ensure that you are including all your in-text in the reference list. The opposite can also happen when you have mentioned in the reference list but forgotten to add the in-text.
- Incorrect quotation: when you are quoting directly from the source or paraphrasing from a certain place ensure that you get the facts right and do not use a wrong reference. This also follows certain rules as in in the APA format you must mention the page you have taken the idea from.
These are some common mistakes that can be avoided in the future when you are oxford referencing guide.