Why should your company hire an external marketing audit?
Every company or business worth its salt must periodically do a marketing audit that indicates what it is doing properly, how it can improve the processes to act on to increase the profitability of the company or how to save costs.
In which cases is it important to hire an external marketing audit?
In times of crisis such as those we are experiencing, hiring an external marketing audit can be an open door to new opportunities, since if the company periodically conducts marketing audits, it will be able to detect the gaps that the competition has left uncovered and will be able to expand its market share.
And although in effect, a marketing audit is not the solution to all the problems of a company, it is a fundamental tool that allows us to visualize the situation in which it is in the market to make the necessary decisions that allow us to improve it.
Therefore, hiring a marketing audit is a good prevention tool, a tool that allows a company to detect deficiencies and problems that it may face in the more or less near future and act on them to prevent them.
Must Read: What is Digital Marketing?
Aren't these two good reasons to hire a marketing audit? Opportunity detection in times of crisis and prevention tool.
However, in which cases is it especially convenient to conduct a marketing audit? When is it important to hire a marketing audit? As we have already indicated on other occasions, at least in the following cases.
As long as the purpose of the audit is:
✔ Optimize marketing expenses.
✔Know the changes in consumption habits.
✔Enhance presence on the network.
✔Know the entry of new competitors.
✔Grow below the sector average.
What points should be analyzed in a marketing audit?
If we consider that a marketing audit involves a complete examination of the marketing environment (objective, strategies, commercial activities) to find threats and opportunities (external and internal) that allow us to know what aspects to act on, the general lines of Analysis will address the following points:
1. The company environment
2. Market trends
3. The behavior of buyers
4. The competitive structure
5. The situation of products
6. The marketing functions of the company
Who should carry out the marketing audit?
Here is another good reason to hire a marketing audit: Better an external, independent and objective auditor that guarantees its reliability.
Only this will offer guarantees that personal interests of certain sectors of the company do not come into play.
The auditor should preferably be a person with extensive experience in the business world and a good knowledge of the sector, with the ability to make diagnoses and assess where the problems or areas to improve on which to act are.
This supposes that it has a great capacity for observation, analysis and synthesis, and that it carries out its work with absolute independence and objectivity.
It may be the case that the company has personnel that fit the indicated profile, although the effective marketing audit is carried out by external professionals, professionals such as those of our marketing agency, who ensure the independence and objectivity necessary to a correct evaluation of results.
In addition, in order to gain and maintain the trust of the company's customers, hiring an external marketing audit is a sign that the company carries out quality controls of its activity and processes.
Phases and contents of a marketing audit
To do this, and always in order for said audit to be a truly useful instrument, it must follow the following stages that we have discussed in the article dedicated to the phases and contents of a marketing audit :
2. Analysis of the main commercial and marketing activities
3. Contrast data
4. Final report
5. Presentation of the report
Carrying out each of these stages rigorously is essential and necessary to obtain an accurate evaluation that serves its purpose and allows the company to make the most convenient decisions.
Isn't that another reason to hire an external marketing audit? Rigor in the audit process.
In summary, here are the top 4 reasons to hire an external marketing audit for your company:
1. Detection of opportunities in times of crisis.
2. Prevention tool.
3. External, independent, objective and reliable auditor.
4. Rigor in the audit process.
At Blogger Cage Reasonable Marketing we can help you if your company needs to hire an external marketing audit.
- Later it was joined by specific funds managed by Business Development Bank of Canada, Fidelity Investments Canada ULC, and a bunch of other investors
- Everyone will probably travel at least once in their life. Whether you are a rookie or experienced traveler, there is always something to learn about it and ways that it can help you. The following ar
- Experts advise that the soma muscle relaxers can be used for a maximum duration of two to three weeks. Long term use of this drug seems to be ineffective in the treatment of pain.
- Boston University (BU) may be a private research university in Boston, Massachusetts. The university is nonsectarian, but has been historically affiliated with the United Methodist Church.